A compilation of some books, blogs, and other websites that have helped me on my personal travels, and may help you on your future travels! More information coming soon…
Books for traveling:
- The Big Trip: Your ultimate guide to gap years and overseas adventures (Lonely Planet)
- The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents. One Unconventional Detour Around the World by Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, Amanda Pressner
- The Good Girls Guide to Getting Lost: A Memoir of Three Continents, Two Friends, and One Unexpected Adventure by Rachel Friedman
- A Long Way Home: A Memoir by Saroo Brierley – India
- This is one of my favorite books, and a part of the reason I became so interested in traveling to India. I saw the movie first, then read the book after I returned from India. Strongly recommend both the movie and the book!
- Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie Davis – Uganda
- When Helping Hurts by Brian Fikkert and Steve Corbett – (On volunteering)
Helpful Information on Travel Insurance:
Have questions about travel insurance? Read my post for advice.