If you are looking for a quick and filling after-workout, after-work, or after-school shake, then this is the recipe for you. With only three ingredients ( I didn’t include ice as an ingredient but it is needed!) you can whip this tasty drink up in no time. I also find this drink especially tasty at breakfast before classes.
According to WebMD, consuming peanut butter is a great way to add protein, vitamins, fiber, minerals, and phytochemicals (naturally occurring chemical compounds in plants) to your diet. The bananas give you potassium and reduce swelling while the milk gives you calcium and more protein to keep your bones strong!
3 Ingredient Protein Shake:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tbs peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 8 oz milk ( I prefer regular almond milk but dark chocolate almond milk is also delicious for this recipe)
- 4+ ice cubes ( I have made a thick shake with 4 ice cubes and other times I have had to use between 6-8 so it all depends on your blender and how thick you want the shake to be)
- Add all ingredients to your blender and puree for 1 minute. My blender is somewhat old so sometimes it takes me 1 minute to puree for a thick shake and other times it only takes 30 seconds or so.
- Wasn’t that easy? Now drink up! 🙂
Smoothie with dark chocolate almond milk