If you like piña coladaaaasss…
Then you should make this recipe. Right now preferably. It’s got the tart taste of pineapple with the smooth mellow taste of coconut. Talk about the perfect combo. A match made…in the blender.
If you’re getting sad that summer is ending. Don’t. Hold on to those warm summer nights, those days filled of adventure and salty beach swims, and making memories with friends, by whipping up this frozen treat (btw Nicecream is basically a fun word for vegan ice cream -usually made with bananas as a base). Beating summer nostalgia was never so simple – or tasted so good.
I could go on about how amazingly fantastic and delicious this treat was, but I could also save your time and get to the recipe already. So here goes…
- 2-3 slices pineapple (I cut the fruit in long pieces but 2-3 spiralized pieces are fine too! Add more pineapple if you want a stronger pineapple tasting Nicecream)
- 1 frozen banana (I sliced mine into cute little circles)
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk or almond milk
- Sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut to garnish! (Or even add to the blender)
- Add only 2 tablespoons of the coconut or almond milk and then blend blend blend! Scrape down after 15-30 seconds or so. Then add the other 2 tablespoons of coconut or almond milk. Blend some more and scrape down occassionally, if needed. The nice cream should be of a thick, solid and smooth consistency.
Are you gonna make this treat? Do you like piña coladas? What’s your favorite smoothie recipe? Let me know in the comments below!