In an effort to whip up an appetizing and filling lunch before I needed to run some errands, I decided to use fresh ingredients I had at home instead of a prepared package meal. The following recipe is actually very easy to make and satisfies the hunger pains with many essential nutrients. The main ingredient, kale. is an extremely nutrient-packed vegetable- I’m going to write up an entire post just about the benefits of eating/drinking kale so look for it soon!
- A few handfuls of kale (I bought some pre-cut kale which saved me some time)
- 1 garlic clove (minced or cut into tiny pieces)
- 1/2 bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- Optional: Almonds, cashews, pinto beans, black beans, cannellini beans, tomatoes, carrots, etc.
- 2 tbs unrefined coconut oil
- Place the coconut oil in a frying pan, along with the kale, garlic pieces, bell pepper, and any other ingredients you prefer.
- Heat until desired. I waited until the kale and bell pepper were soft when poked with a fork (On medium heat this took approximately 5-10 minutes).